Tuesday, April 22, 2008

To Exercise or To Sew

It is VERY rare that you will hear me say that I should have gone running instead of sewing, but tonight is one of those rare occasions. I made two versions of this mini clutch (really cute pattern) which were both ruined by the fact that I cannot topstitch a curve (I'm not that great at topstitching in general, to be honest). I ripped and resewed the final topstitching on both of the clutches. Wonky topstitching ruined them both and frustration got the best of me. It's too bad because the second one was coming out really good, but I must admit my weakness and move on! I have higher hopes for this business card wallet and City Tote that I purchased from the same etsy seller (keykalou.etsy.com). Well, at least I made some extra time to sew, right?!?!

1 comment:

kerri said...

Sorry the topstitching got the better of you, and made you want to go running! Like everything else it just takes practice. I'm sure that's not what you really wanted to hear. But handmade is handmade - imperfections and all. If nothing else the imperfect lets you truly appreciate your growing skills because you can see how much you've learned.

As Dory would sing, 'Just keep sewing, just keep sewing, just keep sewing,sewing,sewing.' (ok, yeah she would say swimming, but she was a fish!)