Friday, October 10, 2008

Missing in Action

Hello friends,

I didn't mean to disappear for 10 days, but I have. So much going on (all good!) and not much time has meant very little sewing production. I did manage to sandwich my quilt and I began quilting it. I have to admit that binding this quilt is scaring me a bit, but I really want it to be done. Hopefully by the end of this long weekend, I will have a finished quilt. I am warning you professionals out there, I am NOT hand stitching the binding. If I do that, this quilt will be finished sometime in 2020!

I have so much that I want to work on, but I feel like I cannot move on while the quilt is unfinished. I believe that Simplicity patterns are on sale this weekend, so I'd like to pick up a few knit top patterns. I also would like to make a simple black a-line skirt. I got a promotion at work (!) and now I need a whole new wardrobe (I really do, I was wearing a uniform before and outside of work I am a jeans/t-shirt girl). I will probably purchase a lot, but I do want to work on a few simple pieces to wear as well. I not only want to update my work wardrobe, but also my off-duty outfits as well. I know I've mentioned that I'm turning 30 (really, really soon!) so I would like to start dressing in a nicer, casual way - more like a 30 year old woman and less like a 17 year old! I'm thinking nice boots, knit tops, good fitting jeans, a pretty scarf and some simple jewelry. I'll be a work in progress, but look for some posts (and pictures, I promise) of my upgrades. And please hold me accountable, I need to finish this quilt!!

1 comment:

Cathy... said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. The time spent on the quilt will be well worth it - and you'll have it forever!