Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wardrobe Refashion


I'm very excited that I received my invitation to join Wardrobe Refashion for 2 months! I have been following along with the group for quite a while now, but I have never joined. I have never refashioned a thing in my life either, so this should be exciting! I bought some fleece and some flannel last night (both on sale!) and I plan to make simple tops out of both of them. I'm also going to have to stop in to some local thrift stores and see if I can find something to refashion. I was thinking of finding a sweater and felting it and making a bag of it. We'll see!

I, Katie, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed, Katie.

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

I love to see how someone can create something from 'something.' Good luck with your refashion adventure. It will be fun to see what you come up with!