Friday, June 18, 2010

Sleeveless Top

Just wanted to show off this top that I made several months ago using Simplicity pattern 2599. There was supposed to be a ruffle around the neck, but I didn't like it with the quilting cotton I used (Amy Butler's Coriander) so I left it off. It had been hanging in my closet for a while and I pulled it out and sewed on a button for the back closure and wore it on one of the first hot days we had here. It's such a comfortable top and I feel really good in it. I'm actually using this pattern again right now, I'm making the view with the 3 small ruffles at the neck out of the Liberty of London for Target scarf I got. I saw the scarf made up as a top on another blog (I can't find the link right now, I'll add it when I find it) ~Edit: here is the link~ and just had to run out and get myself one! I plan to work on it this weekend, hopefully I'll post it soon!



No comments: