Saturday, June 26, 2010

Liberty Love


Here is my finished top! Made using Simplicity 2599 (here is my pattern review) and fabric from a Liberty of London for Target scarf. I showed this to my parents after I had made it and they were shocked that it came from a scarf :) I got the idea for this top from seeing the pattern made up here and the fabric used here. I love the internet sewing world, there is so much inspiration out there! Anyway, I love everything about this top, it's easily my favorite thing I have ever sewn. I am hooked on garment sewing! Next up I am working on a batch of card cases to sell at my friend's mom's hair salon. Then I have to make some key chains as well. I'm planning on squeezing in another top and a denim skirt in between!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Branka said...

Oh I love this top, it's super cute!! I'm working on something similar, also ruffled Simplicity, I hope mine comes out as good as yours. Nice job!

Cathy... said...

What a super job!!!! Who would have ever thought that it was a scarf in another life?