Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Denim Skirt


Fabric: Medium weight cotton denim in Dusk from fabric.com (purchased 1 yd for &7.98 and used about 3/4's of it): $5.98

Notions purchased: Jeans Thread (2 spools) $3.58 (50% off); Jeans Needles (purchased 5, used 3): $2.99

Stash Items: Light weight interfacing, cotton fabric used for the facing, 7 in. zipper

Pattern: McCall's 3341

Total Cost: $12.55





I love my new skirt! I have been wanting a simple denim skirt for a while and finally ordered some denim from fabric.com and made this one up. It was a lot of fun to work on this skirt - I inserted my first zipper in a garment! Came out pretty good too :) The side seams were serged and I serged the edges of the back seam, which is where the zipper went in. I used some cotton fabric I had on hand for the facing and serged the edge of that as well. I have had this pattern in my stash for probably 9 years. I think it was one of my first pattern purchases! It was so comfortable to wear, I know I'll get a ton of use out of this one!

No comments: