Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yummy!

On Friday I drove down to Falmouth, MA for a conference and while I was down on Cape Cod, I decided to try and find a shop I have read about online (Thank God for GPS!). Yummy Goods is a gift shop run by Melissa Averinos, who writes on the blog of the same name. I have been following her blog for a few months now and was happy to take the opportunity to check out her shop. I have never been to the Cape before and so being there for this conference was the perfect chance to search the shop out. I'm so glad I did! Yummy Goods is an adorable little shop with lots of cute items. I told myself I could get one treat, so I got the t-shirt that you can see below and also here on Melissa's site. Melissa was behind the counter and she was just as warm and friendly in person as she comes across in her writing.

I wanted to buy some of Melissa's fabric, so she directed me to Tumbleweed Quilt Shop, which was just down the road. What a fantastic find! Not only was Melissa's fabric available, but I found Amy Butler, Denyse Schmidt, Heather Bailey and Anna Maria Horner fabrics among many more. I couldn't resist, so I bought 2 pieces of Sugar Snap as well as 2 pieces from Amy Butler's Love line and 2 fat quarters of 30's reproduction fabrics (they had a whole wall of 30's fabrics, I couldn't decide!!)

If you are ever in the Cape Cod area, you must stop by Yummy Good's and Tumbleweed. I can't wait to make a return trip! And if you aren't from the area, check out her online shop and blog, you will love it, I promise!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: