Monday, June 20, 2011

Change of Plans

Hello there!  Hope you all had a great weekend :)  Mine was busy, even with having Friday off.  But, it was fun/busy.  I spent a lot of time with family this weekend, which was really nice.  I got a lot of sewing in as well, which brings me to the title of this post....

Last week or so, I posted about how I planned on sewing some clothes (and I did make the skirt - I'll post about that next) but I have decided to start change directions and really focusing on making and selling some items.  Because of budget cuts, I'm moving into a different position at work, which includes a bit of a paycut --  which meant no more online fabric shopping or dropping into Joann's during the sale :(  I can't give that stuff up!  So, I thought that I would start sewing some more things to put into my friend's store (I think I've mentioned before that I have sold some things at my friend's mother's hair salon?) and work towards opening up an Etsy shop as well (in the future).  I just hope to make a little bit of money to be able to buy some fabric and patterns. 


Right now I'm using items that I have on hand in order to get some things made up quickly and start making some money (I hope!!).  Then I can buy more.  I'm just hoping to make enough to support my sewing addiction! 

No comments: