Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer Sewing

Hello there! I haven't been sewing or blogging much at all lately. Things keep coming up and then after they are done with, I'm exhausted! I have been planning a lot of projects and I have seen on some other blogs lists of summer sewing plans, so here is mine:

1. Pleated Beauty Bag from Bend the Rules Sewing. I have been wanting to make this bag, but couldn't decide on a fabric combination until I saw this one. Hunting began for the Zazu fabric and once I found it, I ordered it right away!

2. Anna Tunic. I know, I know, I have mentioned this before. I need to trace the pattern and make up a muslin. I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the month.

3. Bags, Bags and more Bags. Besides the Pleated Beauty, I want to make this one, this one and the Charming Handbag from Bend the Rules. Also, I saw a water bottle bag in this book that I would like to try. I also bought 2 New Look patterns for bags, one which uses the bamboo handles, which I love. I need more bags!

4. Easy summer skirts and tank tops. I'm thinking this pattern might be what I follow for the skirts and this one for the tops. They will be great when it's hazy, hot and humid in August!

5. A few small projects, like this doll, this scarf, and this clutch.

That's all I'm going to list for now. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself! I know it seems like a lot, but I think I can do it. I would also like to spend some time embroidering and possible start learning crochet. I'll revisit this post during the summer months and show my progress!!

1 comment:

oge said...

Hi Katie

I just stumbled on your blog.I will be coming back to have a look at your projects. I like the bag and the combination on the flickr one. So looking forward to seeing yours. You've given me an idea though. I might set myself a similar challenge as well.