Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Apple Brownies


I thought I would share this recipe for apple brownies. My mom makes them a lot and they are always delicious - and when I got fresh apples from the farm, I had to make them myself :) And, as Alyssa Bee pointed out - everything tastes better when it's made in Pyrex!!!


Apple Brownies


1 stick of butter, melted

1 egg beaten, or 1/4 cup of egg beaters

3 apples - peeled and chopped

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1 cup flour

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 350
Grease an 8"x8" pan and sprinkle with sugar
Mix everything together by hand
Bake for 25 minutes

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Looks good! You've already put that pyrex to work! :)

Alyssa Bee said...

Yum! Thanks Katie- I'm going to add these to my weekend to-do list. Looks super easy to make! I have tons of Pyrex mixing bowls but don't know that I have a baking dish...guess I'll have to go thrifting!