Friday, December 24, 2010

Grasshopper Brownies

One of my plans for this little blog is to share more recipes. It's one of my resolutions for 2011 to cook and bake a bit more and I'm going to post the recipe here. There may be more cooking than baking since I'm planning on starting Weight Watchers again, but healthy and delicious recipes need to be shared, too!

But, first - here is another delicious recipe I tried out recently. I found this Grasshopper Brownie recipe in an issue of Women's World and it just sounded so good!

1 pkg of brownie mix -- I use Ghiaradelli Double Chocolate
1 pkg of Andes chocolate-mint candies, chopped
10 crushed sandwich cookies, such as Oreo -- I used Trader Joe's Joe-Joe's, they have a chocolate filling...yum :)

  • Preheat oven as per brownie mix package directions.
  • Line a brownie pan with foil and coat well with cooking spray.
  • Prepare brownies as per package directions. Stir half of the candy into the brownie mix.
  • Pour into brownie pan and top with the remaining candy and crushed cookies.
  • Bake as per package directions, until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.

FYI - everything tastes better when baked in vintage Pyrex while wearing a handmade apron...just saying :) Enjoy!!

No comments: