Friday, December 31, 2010

A Look Ahead and Last Project of 2010

I can't believe it, but it was 3 years ago today that I started this little blog. I wanted to become a part of the online sewing community and also have a place to share and document my projects. For 2011 I have some great plans for this space. I've posted a few recipes and I'd like to make that a regular feature (provided I actually start cooking more :) I'm planning to refocus this space on sewing, cooking and thrifting -- I have found I really love hunting down fun, vintage finds especiallyPyrex, sewing patterns and vintage linens. I'll also post some Flickr favorites since I have 1000's and reviews on some of my favorite patterns, tutorials, etsy shops and fabric stores. I posted 51 times in 2010 and I hope to do a lot more in 2011!Oh and here is my last project for 2010! My pocket clutch sewed up quickly and is just adorable! The fabric is from Joann's and I also have it in the pink and purple colorways (the second picture shows the fabric color better). In fact, I have pocket clutches cut out in those fabrics, I'll be sewing them up soon for some upcoming birthday gifts. You can find the pattern right here.
2011 is going to be a great year for sewing and creating. I already have plans for a new quilt and some garments. Last year I realized that in 2009 I didn't sew much at all and I really stepped it up in 2010. I plan to do even more in 2011! Maybe this will even be the year I finally learn how to crochet! Thank you all for following along here and Happy New Year to you!

1 comment:

Mom said...

The pocket clutch is adorable!!!! Can't wait to see what clever things you make in 2011.