Thursday, July 7, 2011

Last Weekend

Hello there!  I got some sewing done this past weekend - I made some Key Chain Clutches!  I love this pattern, it's cute and simple!  The only thing I don't like is the slip stitching that has to be done to close the opening where you turn the clutch rightside out.  But, I'm getting better at it with some time and patience :)  I ahve 3 more of these cut out and ready to sew this coming weekend!

I also sewed up this apron as a favor to my Mom :)  She wanted a gift for her friend Jane and she requested an apron made of this adorable bowling fabric.  I agreed to make it as long as she made me a loaf of her famous zucchini bread :)  I based the apron off of this tutorial from Prudent Baby - I changed it up by binding the edges and making a waistband out of contrasting fabric.  I thought it came out cute and my Mom said that Jane loved it :) 

I haven't had any time this week for sewing so hopefully I can make some time over the weekend!

No comments: