Friday, October 28, 2011

Gussy's Inspiration Workshop - Favorite Recipes :: Creamy Chicken Lasagna


This week's prompt over on Gussy Sew's Inspiration Workshop is Favorite Recipes.  And since I was making up my favorite recipe yesterday, I decided to reshare it here.  The recipe is Creamy Chicken Lasagna and it is soooooo good! 



I prepped the lasagna in the afternoon, so that I could just pop it in the oven when my company came over.  I have lasagna pans, but I used foil ones so that there was pretty much no clean-up at night except for throwing plates and silverware in the dishwasher.  This is a little time-consuming, so if you can prep it early, you definitely should.  Although this meal is a bit of work, the finished lasagna is so delicious, I promise that it is worth it!  Let's put it this way, my dad had 4 servings!!!  :)

I took a few pictures while I was making it yesterday, but I forgot to take a pic of the finished dish!  Here it is before I put it in the oven - the picture above is from one I made before.  The recipe follows below....

Creamy Chicken Lasagna

12 no-boil lasagna noodles
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package of sliced portabella mushrooms
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 boxes of cream cheese, room temp (I used 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cheese and it's just as good)
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1 chicken buillon cube
2 tsps Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic salt
ground black pepper
1 jar of Vodka Sauce

Put chicken in a pot of water and bring to a boil, once boiling cook for 20 minutes (check chicken to make sure it's cooked through), shred

Saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft, adding garlic at the last minute

In a large bowl, combine chicken, veggies, cream cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, Italian seasonings, garlic salt and pepper. Dissolve the buillon cube in 1/4 cup of boiling water and add to the mixture. Mix well.

Spread 1/3 of the Vodka sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan and top with 4 noodles. Spread half of the chicken mixture on top and then 1/3 more of the sauce. Add another layer of 4 noodles, the rest of the chicken mixture and 4 more noodles. Top with the remaining Vodka sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cup of mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 20 minutes.





Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I can personally attest to this wonderful recipe! It was delicious!!!!