Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I was able to get some sewing done this weekend - I made a headband out of Heather Bailey fabric (it matches my planner!) as well as an attempt at another planner cover, this time for my monthly planner. It didn't fit, but it does fit my checkbook, so not a loss. I tried again today, but it still doesn't fit. I think I'm just going to use the weekly planner!



I got a new cutting table, which makes it so much easier to cut things out (a lot easier than the floor!), so I started work on another Built by Wendy top. I'm making it in a madras that I have had in my stash for at least a year. I just need to make the casing, insert the elastic at the neckline and hem it. Hopefully I will find time to work on it this week, I'll show pictures when it's done.



I received a bunch of the fabric I ordered and it's all so pretty! I can't wait to start using it...see the blue dots from Amy Butler - that is for my Anna Tunic. I was going to make a muslin for it, but I'm lazy! So, I'm just going to cut into the good stuff with a prayer!


Oh yeah - the most exciting purchase - a serger!!! I have wanted one forever, and when I read about this serger on a blog somewhere, I saved it to my Amazon wishlist. Then I saw that Stephanie from Creative Reveries has this one (I love everything she makes), and I read a ton of good reviews for it on Amazon and Pattern Review, so I was sold! My plan is to hit Joann's one of these days for some knit fabric to practice on and then I'm going to make the t-shirt from Sew U Home Stretch. I'll let you know how it comes out!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh boy- I'm a tad bit jealous that you have a serger. I think my clothes sewing life would be a bit better with one. You'll have to keep us updated on your creations. I also just love that HB fabric!!!!

Joanne said...

A brand new serger! How exciting - I'm currently practising with a borrowed one, but I made the t-shirt last week. It was fun, and fast and I can't wait to make more.

Love the fabric stash btw :)