Sunday, August 10, 2008

Skin Deep

Well, it's finally finished - my Anna Tunic! You know that phrase that beauty can be only skin deep? Anna is beautiful on the outside, but has some ugliness on the inside. No worries though - I'm the only one who can see that and the outside looks great! All that is left to do is sew on the buttons and make the flower. You can read my review of this pattern here. I plan to wear this to an anniversary party next week and I'll post a picture of Anna in action!

I went to Joann's last night to get their Fall Fusion magazine which shows fall fabrics made up in Simplicity patterns. I also got two McCalls patterns which were on sale for $1.99 each. I want to make the wrap skirt in tan corduroy.






Upcoming projects - I've been bitten by the quilting bug. I need a blanket for my bed and I have been wanting to try a quilt, especially since I had so much fun making my Patchwork Pillow. I'm going to use Amy Butler's Lotus Brick Path quilt pattern and I ordered a whole bunch of Swell by Urban Chicks fabric. I had a hard time finding it, so this plan has come just in time!

I'm taking a few classes in the fall at the local community college, so I need a new bag! I have had this messenger bag pattern for ages, I think it's time to make it. I plan on making this in a solid color with a fun lining. I'm going to use home decorator weight fabrics so that it's not too slouchy. I'm going to cut out the pattern tomorrow and look for some fabric this week.

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Cathy... said...

Your Anna tunic came out beautiful!!! Love that messenger bag you plan to make. Looks like you can fit everything in there, too. :)

Lisa said...

I love your top. You have to post a photo of you wearing it. The fabrics you chose for the quilt are gorgeous, it is going to be beautiful. I also have both of those skirt patterns. Those are on my short list.