Sunday, August 14, 2011

Living the Dream...dianapantz

***Where I work, we have an expression - that we are all "living the dream."  Well, there are a few lucky women out there who are really living the dream - making a living out of creating, designing and sewing.  It's not as easy as some might think and it takes a lot of work and dedication.  But, I love to follow along with these women through their blogs or their shops and dream about selling my own items, at least to subsidize my income a bit.  Anyway, in order to spotlight some of those women, I'm going to start a Living the Dream series.  If you know of someone I should check out, please comment or send me an email!***

Today's spotlight is on Diana, who writes her blog, dianapantz, as well as runs an etsy shop of the same name.  Diana's blog is the first one I have ever sponsored and she was kind enough to have her boyfriend make my sponsorship button for me!  Diana also agreed to write a little something about herself for me to share with you, so read on!

threadbowl.gif

hey everybody!
my name is diana and i blog over here.  i write about being vegan in the midwest, riding my bike most places and sharing my journey of turning my hobby in a career.

100% Cotton Reusable Market Bag Tote Library Bag White Vehicles

i sell farmers market totes, pouches, winer wear and photography. i also sell bow ties and :babypantz: for the hip kids in your life. you can see my work here.

100% Cotton Reusable Small Pouch White Brown Green Vehicles


i started my blog in 2007, mostly posting scrapbooking pages and daily thoughts. i didn't have any followers [except for my mother!] and had no concept of blogging ;)

i started my etsy in 2008 ; selling my photos. after two and a half years of only selling a few items [i thought you just posted a few items and you got big and famous ;)], i decided last summer that i was ready to try my hand at selling full-time.

Babypantz Baby Toddler Legwarmers Covers Boy Girl Pink Argyle

this past spring, i started thinking of ways to build my brand. i taught myself how to sew and started creating my market totes. it has been really fun to watch my sales and my skills grow over the past half-year.

this past spring, i started thinking of ways to build my brand. i taught myself how to sew and started creating my market totes. it has been really fun to watch my sales and my skills grow over the past half-year.

my main goal is to be 100% dependent on my business by this time next year.

the support i have found from readers, friends and fellow bloggers has been really awesome. i have learned so much this year and am really excited to see what happens from here!

thanks for reading!

Don't forget to follow Diana at her blog and to check out her shop as well :)

No comments: