Friday, November 25, 2011

Pleated Tote Bag


Hello there!  I know it doesn't seem like it, but I have been sewing :)  I recently finished this bag and it came out awesome!  It's all I can do not to use it myself, but I really want to make a few tote sized bags to sell and this is the first one!  I've used this pattern before (it's an OOP Simplicity) and it's a quick and easy pattern to sew up.  I've made it before (here and here) and I will definitely make a few more of these.  It's lined in chocolate brown and has one patch pocket.


I'm trying to be better about my photographs, too.  I have no patience though!  I took a few photos and when I put them on my computer I knew I had to take a step back and try some different lightings - the original pics I took were SO BAD!! 

 The first photo above is in my bedroom, in the morning, with lots of natural light.  I like taking the picture with my dressform, so that you can really see the size of the bag.  The second photo is in my bathroom, no natural light at all.  Not too bad, but I think I like the first one better.  I guess it's true, there is no substitute for natural light!

Next up, I will be working on a ton of custom ordered make-up bags.  I've already made one up and it came out really cute :)  I also made some Oreo truffles that came out soooo good!  I have it Pinned on my Yummy board and will post about it tomorrow!  Hope you are all having a lovely Thanksgiving weekend :)

2 comments:

The Loops said...

This is super cute! I recently learned to sew and I really hope to make one of these too! I'm a new follower in hopes I can get some sewing tips from ya!

I hope you'll stop by some time!

Anonymous said...

i love it wish i could do the same <3