Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

Massachusetts got hammered with snow today and since I hate to drive in it, I took the day off :)  Once I finally dragged myself out of bed, I started work on the the first edition of the Crafty Book Challenge project .  Unfortunately it is now in the trash!  Wish I had read this before I got to work on my Folklore Bag!  Oh well, I wasn't really in love with the style of the bag (I hate bags with gussets) or the fabric (the corduroy was shedding everywhere!) so I guess it's not too big of a loss.  I'll have to find another project for the Crafty Book Challenge - January! 
I was determined to get something done though, so I put together these 2 Pocket Clutches that I have had cut out.  The pattern is from Keykalou Patterns and I really love it!  It's so easy to put together and it comes out great! 

I also started planning my Dream On quilt!  I have 2 charm square packets to use and I cut out a few more from some yardage I have.  I think I'm going to do blue for the solid parts.  On the last quilt I made I used a sheet to back it and I will probably do that again, along with cutting up a sheet for the solid sections of the front :)  I can't wait to put this together!

3 comments:

katikando said...

You could buy a sheet set, cut the fitted sheet and use the flat sheet for backing.

Mom said...

Those pouches are great! Love the print.

Agora tô pronta said...

I like your blog, its very nice... why don't we follow each other? Thanks, kisses.
@vanespp